Friday, September 10, 2010

The New Saint Joseph
First Communion Catechism

Lesson 10
How to Make a Good Confession

46. How do you make your confession?
I make my confession in this way:

1. I go into the confessional and kneel.
2. I make the sign of the cross and say: “Bless me, Father, for I have sinned.”
3. I say: “This is my first confession”
   (or, “It has been one week, or one month since my last confession”).
4. I confess my sins.
5. I listen to what the priest tells me.
6. I say the act of contrition loud enough for the priest to hear me.

Remember you are talking to Our Lord.
Do not be afraid. Tell the truth.
Tell all the sins you can remember.
Do not leave out any sin on purpose.
If you forget to tell a sin, God forgives you.
Listen carefully to the priest.
Say your Act of Contrition from your heart.

47. What do you do after leaving the confessional?

After leaving the confessional, I say the penance the priest has given me and thank God for forgiving my sins.


Thanksgiving After Confession

 

Look at the crucifix again.

Thank Our Lord for His sufferings.

Thank Him for curing your sins.

Say your penance from your heart.

Ask Jesus to help you to be better.




Lesson 10               

Quiz
                       
How to Make a Good Confession
                                                       


  1. What is the first thing you say in confession?







  1. What do you say about your last confession?






  1. What do you do next?






  1. What do you do after the priest gives you your penance?


No comments:

Post a Comment