Thursday, January 4, 2001

Lesson 4

The New Saint Joseph
First Communion Catechism

Lesson 1
God Made Us
The Purpose of Man’s Existence

4. What must you do to be happy with God in Heaven?
To be happy with God in heaven I must know Him, love Him, and serve Him in this world.

First I must KNOW God.
I cannot love God unless I know Him well.
To know God I must study my catechism.
I must think about God every day.
I must pray to God.

Most of all I must LOVE God.
We give gifts to those we love.
I must make my life a gift to God.
I must love God more than I love myself.
I must love God more than I love anybody else.
I must love God above all things.

To show God I love Him I must SERVE Him.
I serve God when I PRAY well.
I try to think of God.
I serve God when I WORK well.
I study hard at school and home.
I serve God when I PLAY well.
I try to be fair and not selfish.

I must not offend God by sin.
I must want to please Him.
It is not always easy to please God.
What pleases Him sometimes does not please us.
I must please God rather than myself.
This shows God I love Him more than myself.

When I am selfish I do not please God.
When I am kind to others I please God.

 To be happy I must please God in everything.

Saint Joseph And The Child Jesus
Giovanni Battista Caracciolo
Italian artist
1578–1635

No comments:

Post a Comment